1. Ever since I went to Greece last year I fell in love with the whole flatform trend, everyone over there was wearing them but I just never really found any that I loved that weren’t too expensive and last year they were no where near as popular as they are now here in the states. Yesterday, I just passed by forever 21 to get to another store, I had no intentions of purchasing anything until I saw these and instantly knew I had to have them. They are so comfortable and I’m currently really loving espadrilles so these are the best of both worlds. At first I wasn’t too keen on the buckles but they have really grown on me and the more I wear them the more I love them.
For some reason I can’t find them on their site so I have linked some similar styles down below.
• SHOP SIMILAR STYLES •
2. How pretty is this poster from The poster club? They were nice enough to let me choose a print and I had a lot of trouble picking just one poster because they have such a beautiful collection, I will definitely purchase some in the future. Also, I will most likely change the frame that it’s in but for now this is what we’re working with.
3. This week I re-learned that being lazy and spraying your toner onto your face doesn’t really do anything for your skin, or at least it doesn’t for me. I use the Boscia balancing facial tonic and I LOVE this stuff, it clears my stubborn texture so incredibly well. However, lately I had been super lazy with it and I would just spray it on at night after cleansing my face as opposed to using a cotton pad.
My skin has been freaking out and as soon as I started using a cotton pad + the toner I woke up a lot better the next day. Point is, when you wipe your “clean” face with the cotton pad soaked with your toner it actually removes the residue on your skin. (Obviously this is just for those of us who use toners that have a spray.) No matter how clean you think your face is, chances are a good toner will lift some kind of residue off post-cleanse.
4. I’m obsessing over linen lately, these overalls just came in the mail & it fits like a dream. So perfect for summer! Will be styling it soon (:
5. If you’re into shrimp creole check out this extremely easy & relatively quick recipe. My first time making this dish myself & you would’ve thought I was a pro lol. I did make some substitutions though. Instead of white rice I used brown, instead of butter I used a little olive oil & instead of salt I used No-Salt sodium free salt and slightly less of it than the recipe suggests.
Also, wanted to thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive response I got on my kitchen tour video. So many sweet comments, I appreciate all of the kind words.
See you all next week! xx