1. Finally got a chair for my vanity. Scored this little guy off of eBay. There are actually a lot of the same styles if you just search mid-century Hollywood regency chair. I really like mixing vintage with mid-century. I don’t like to have the same of one style everywhere so I’m very happy with the way that it looks. I know that urban outfitters makes a similar one but I like the fact that this metal is a more true-gold as opposed to a spray-painted bronze.
I also really love how this one came with a vintage seat cushion, after searching forever for one of these chairs I couldn’t find one that had a cushion that I liked or a cushion at all so I’m happy I stumbled across this one.
I kind of feel fancy sitting in it. It reminds me of old Hollywood vanity chairs… all I need is a big glamorous robe and one of those long cigar sticks. ” Fetch me some waterrr Stewart!” *in some kind of British accent* … (Stewart is my fake servant.)
But seriously, thats what it feels like sitting here.
2. I’ve been eyeing this print from society 6 for a while so I finally got it. I think it’s the perfect touch to any bedroom since it’s, what appears to be, a male and female outline intertwined together. I’ve mentioned how I love this type of art before so I’m very much in love with this piece. I need to get a frame for it, I’m thinking a simple brass or gold-toned one.
I will be purchasing more of this minimal line-art style soon for other places of the house.
3. You probably saw this post on IG but how pretty are these Halo earrings and necklace?! I’m the type of person who NEVER takes off my earrings or my necklace. I basically find something that I really like and wear it until I can’t anymore. I love how minimal and simple these pieces are and I’m really digging circle jewelry at the moment.
4. Testing this mask out this week, tried it for the first time yesterday and so far I really like it. I have tried Drunk Elephant in the past and really love this brand, they are on the pricier side but seriously worth every penny, in my experience.
This mask is a chemical exfoliant, similar to their glycolic night serum but much more potent. In my opinion, I think that if you’re going to invest in something this expensive it makes a lot more sense to buy something that is more potent and use it once a week as opposed to something less potent ( that costs more) and is meant to be used every night.
You will not run out of this product as quickly. And you actually get more of this product than of the night serum so I don’t really understand why this is cheaper.
Still have to try it out for a longer period of time, if I end up liking it a lot you’ll probably see it in my favorites at the end of the month 🙂
5. Last week I received this beauty of a lens and I am so incredibly happy with it. I finally got a chance to test it out and the hype is legitimate. I realize that this isn’t the cheapest lens out there but if you’re familiar with Sony lenses or photography in general you know that this is actually a great price for the lens that you are getting. And surprisingly, it is cheaper that my Zeiss lenses and I actually like it a little more than those (for photos). Plus, I am a firm believer in buying things that make you happy… as long as you’re eating and paying your bills do whatever the hell you want.
It’s my first 85mm and the lowest aperture in any lens that I’ve every purchased ( I know, I know.. lol where have I been?)… I’m going to have a difficult time putting it down. In love.
If you own a Sony camera & you’re on the fence about this one… get off the fence & walk to your nearest tech store.
See you next week! xx