In an attempt to blog more often I’ve decided to incorporate a series on my blog called the Friday Five. In this series I’ll mention five random things which could range from things I’m loving lately to something that happened during the week.
I love reading these types of posts on peoples blogs so I decided to start my own.
1. Was recently sent these headphones from Sudio Sweden & I can’t get enough of them. They are so convenient and pretty! I use the beats wireless headphones at the gym which usually stay in my gym bag & I was really looking for cuter ones to keep in my purse or to use for editing & these work so well, plus they are so darn good looking.
SudioSweden was nice enough to offer my followers/subscribers a coupon code for 15% off, any of their products. Just enter “gemary” at checkout & you’re good to go!
2. On the hunt for some budget friendly woven wood shades like these for my whole house, I’ll probably end up doing the kitchen first & then the rest of the house because, well, … I’m not made out of money. I’ve gotten one quote so far from a local company which was ridiculously expensive so I think our best option is to order them online and install them ourselves. Wish me luck!
3. Finally stained the kitchen shelves last week! Woohoooo! I can’t wait to finish and be able to show you guys the full kitchen reveal! The before and afters are pretty crazy & I can’t believe I came up with the entire design myself *pats own back*… with a little help from Pinterest of course.
4. Throw pillows are going to be the death of me. I’m practicing some hard core self-control by not filling my entire couch up with throw pillows in one shot. I promised myself I would only buy one every 3 to 4 weeks and I’m sticking to it. When you purchase a new house it’s so difficult to stop yourself from buying everything you can get your hands on all at once. You have to learn how to manage the crap out of every cent to your name and that means not buying 15 damn pillows for your damn couch, YOU DON’T NEED IT! (do you?)
Here is the first little guy I bought for my accent chair. I’m obsessed with the whole African mud-cloth trend at the moment. I’ve decided to splurge on pillow covers as opposed to committing to pillows that cannot be changed.
5. I’m pretty good at taking care of my skin, I follow a skincare regimen every single day & I have, without fail, for many years… but when it comes to my hands, I just can’t be bothered. The back of our hands are one of the most age-determining features of our body & yet we fail to nourish them as often as we do other parts of our skin. Why? They deserve some TLC too! I received this cream recently & I love it so much.
Part of the reason I am so careless when it comes to my hands is because I hate the feeling of lotion on my hands. This cream doesn’t leave any weird sticky or slimy residue! I use this stuff everywhere, I keep it in my purse and even apply it to my legs because 9 times out of 10 I forget to put lotion on my legs prior to leaving the house.